Würdet ihr die Geschichte ebenfalls so interpretieren? Ich versuche es für mich ein wenig verständlicher zu machen
- The initial plan is using the tadpoles to kill and gain power through the death's souls. Too bad, people who have transformed into Illithid lose their souls afterward, so the plan is doomed from the start, but ofc, nobody knows this.
- Because of that, the Chosen Trio makes white tadpole by using the artifact Astral Prism. The prince of Gith is in there and has the ability to evolve the tadpole. Since the Trio already made Balduran, who has been an Illthid for a long time, their slaves, they used him and his psychic power to force the prince to make white tadpole and control the nautiloid.
- The elder brain knows about this plan so it makes an unpredicted move: it releases its Illithid connection with Balduran, and he wakes up and realizes he has been controlled by 'some people' for a long time, and if he does not use the Prince, he will lose his self-consciousness, again.
- In the mean time, the group has a little... fall out. Bane wants his chosen to monopolize the stones, and Myrkul is like, 'I am depressed but whatever'. Orin knocked out the Dark Urge and tortured him over and over and over again below Moonrise Tower, to the point that he loses his personality and makes a new personality from scratch. That's why he has amnesia. However, because the Urge comes from his blood, he cannot control it. Orin replaces the Dark Urge.
- The emperor tries to decipher the plan by watching the prince monitoring through the signal the controled Elder Brain sends to other tadpoles, which include the function to 'not ceremorphosis'. This forces him to stay inside the artifact, so he gives it to the Dark Urge. After that, the location of the nautiloid is revealed and alert both Shar and the Giths. This leads to the start of the Gith, Shadowheart's group, and other group's assault on that nautiloid.
- So, only Shadowheart successfully retrieves the artifact, but she gets captured afterward. Therefore, the Emperor uses the Giths to destroy the nautiloid and escapes. This is the start of the game.
Now, if your MAIN CHARACTER is not THE DARK URGE:
- 1st: He will be killed personally by Orin in her bedroom instead of being thrown into Moonrise Tower after she gets bored with him.
- 2nd: Emperor will choose from 6 other origin characters to ally with one of them. Please do remember that each of the 6th is the slave to powerful patrons. For example, Shar enslaves Shadowheart, Bane and Zariel are behind Karlach and Wyll, Gale simps Mystra, etc. If you play the Dark Urge, your minion will tell you that your lover's patrons are fighting over gods and other entities because of their fate.
- This leads to the fact that the artifact will always fly to the main character, even though Shadowheart tries to keep it hidden. This also explains why the patrons suddenly become arsehole and change their minds after they get acquainted with the main character (For example, Mytra tried to kill Gale with the Warppoint if you do not save him).
P/s: Mindflayers are not extincted. There are lots of them out there. The problem is they cannot cross to Material Plane because they lost the knowledge to make plane-crossing nautiloid after 13th century. However, lots of them are still out there chilling in Waterdeep and who knows where.
Bigger implication is that Jergal knew of this plan centuries, maybe millennia, in advance. Which means Jergal knew of the Second Sundering and the Time of Troubles in advance. Which means Jergal knows the will of Ao before Ao even does anything. Which, all other things being equal, makes Jergal not just omniscient on par with the other gods, but omniscient on a level on par with Ao. Which likely means Jergal knows everything.